Thursday 12 April 2012

Thanks for inviting me to the party....

Hi - this is my first blog post. What has taken me so long? Well, I've been writing, writing, writing - tons of short stories for Xcite's huge range of print and e-books. The latest novella is for their Secret Library range - a raunchy little number called 'The Thousand and One Nights'. I'm waiting for the author copies to land on my desk any minute now......

But readers often ask me where do you get your ideas, what inspires you, how can you write in so many different genres, what are you going to do next, who the hell are you? So many questions that I thought the best way to answer them was to do a regular blog, so here I am. But this won't just be about writing because I do occasionally peer over my glasses, look up from my computer, stick my nose out into the cool air and even venture out tottling on my high heels into the outside world. I'm lucky enough to have been born in London where I still live and like Dr Johnson said anyone who's tired of London must be tired of life (I paraphrase but I hope the great man would have forgiven me). So occasionally this blog will look at the place I live, the places I visit and I hope it will entertain the odd person (and even the normal ones, ha ha) who occasionally stumble upon it.

After all, what is the purpose of a writer if it is not to entertain......

No comments:

Post a Comment